Sunday, April 18, 2010

AH, SUNDAY

Looks like another beautiful day here in Salt Lake City.

Yesterday was similar - great weather.  Great weather for the marathon - that went right past the main arterial to the studio.  I think it's great people are out doing that (and I remember when I was one of them).  I just wish the main access to the studio didn't get all messed up as a result.

My theme for yesterday's class was 'stand in your own light' (a phrase I've picked up from Wayne). I can relate, especially now, as I move into the stream of Certification activity. At times I look at the process and wonder why; yet, it is an important step for me. One I will do my best to be successful at. My heart quality was conviction - it takes a bit of conviction and commitment to 'stand' sometimes.  The marathon, by the way, played right into this heart quality, because it takes conviction and commitment to figure out a way around the road blocks and runners to get to class.  IS/OS to support standing taller were my alignment principles.

Of the people in class, half were new or relatively new to the practice; half of the remaining were new to me, and several had significant issues (backs, knees, etc.).  So, my plan for a backbending class had to change a bit -- no better way to chase away new students than to throw them into challenging backbends.  We stuck to the basics. And, I had fun -- I think/hope they did, also.

After class, we took advantage of the nice weather yesterday and drove up to Park City for lunch. Then walked up (and back down) Main Street.  We do it once in a while, just to see what's changed.  Then headed back to home, where I spent a couple hours at the computer working on the test.

Let me just say this -- where I could do 5 pages on day one; I did 1.5 yesterday.  That may tell you a bit about the increasing difficulty factor.  I reviewed all questions on day one, but - aside from one - have just been moving methodically through the questions, not jumping around.  That one is an essay-type question - for which I received some great advice:  "do a bit every night".  I've been following that advice and offer a great 'THANK YOU'.  It would be very stressful to try and begin to do that one question on day 8 or 9 (perhaps impossible to do it well).

So, this is the way my time allotment is playing out:  2-2.5 hours during the day working on the test; 1-1.5 hours 'bedtime' reviewing and writing; 45 minutes in the a.m. typing up that 'bedtime' writing.  For a total of 3.5-4.5 hours. Hopeful that gives me a window to review everything before submitting.

I am doing the test on my computer -- re-typing the questions verbatim, then typing my answers. (where there will be an attachment, I'm typing in 'see attachment A, B, etc.'). I decided it would be smart to back-up my hard drive yesterday. Talk about adding some stress to the process! My first attempt at backing up (several weeks ago) resulted in screen disruption that had to be fixed by the "AppleMan". So, deciding to back up yesterday may not have been the best decision, at least for my peace of mind. It worked, tho. All is well and backed up.

Have a nice Sunday,

No comments: