Monday, April 19, 2010

PRODUCTIVE SUNDAY

While I'm hardly finished, I am making considerable progress on the test.  It is 18 pages long, and last night I finished page 17.

Don't get me wrong -- I won't be sending it off tomorrow.  I still have 4 (of 5) appendices to write (one of those 4 is partially there -- that's the one I work on every night).  Plus, there's the last 'killer' question on the test itself.

I call it 'killer', because I am never confident when answering one of these.  We find these kinds of questions on our applications at times "Why do you want to do this training?"  "What will this training do for your teaching?"  Like that.  I know why, but - once written - will the reader think it's a good enough reason to let me in?  And, how much do you write, how detailed should you get?  I am much more comfortable with 'black&white' answers.

So, I stuck with the routine yesterday.  Up early to type up the results of my previous night's review and writing.  Also took a few minutes to review the questions I had answered and edit some of my answers.

Then, where most days I would get ready and go teach, yesterday we took the dogs for a long walk and found a nice restaurant for breakfast.  Back at home, did some weekend chores, then worked for a couple hours on the test.  Time for a break - we took a short bike ride (more hills).  Then another hour on the test before dinner.  And, after dinner, another hour on the test.  And then reading/writing upon retiring (that sounds pretty sophisticated, 'upon retiring').

What will I write about when this test is finished?

I did have some time to check in with a couple friends - let them know my progress.  In both cases, I noted that I am continuing to amaze myself.  The procrastinator extraordinaire is ruining her track record.

Teaching two classes today - 9:15 at Kula, level 1; then subbing for Wayne at The Front (a climbing gym - teaching yoga, not climbing), at 6 pm.  Inbetween?  You guessed it.

Have a marvelous Monday,

No comments: