Saturday, April 10, 2010

NOTES ON MY BIG WEEK

Well, it's over - the big week.  My 15 minutes of fame, done but not forgotten.  Now what? I thought some notes were in order (notes have become sort of therapy for me -- a place where I can fall back, review, recharge and move forward -- maybe, for me, they're 'blog savasana').

1.  The studio seems empty now that the TV camera is gone.  But, it is kind of a relief.  I know that at least one of my students worked so hard in the filmed class that she's been stiff and sore ever since.  Interesting what words of mine stick -- she told me yesterday that as she did the class, she remembered my teaching of "give it your all, lift your arms and reach" (I think that day I was using the 'reach for that chocolate cake in the sky' analogy - ah, philosophy).  All her poses were done with full effort in that class (Gentle Yoga, no less).  So, for two days she's suffered for it.

In Gentle yesterday, we started normally; only to switch midstream to restorative poses. I felt better, they felt better - to continue when you're tired and sore (especially in a gentler class) is counterproductive.

2.  Spring may have arrived.  With it comes the urge to ride a bike to and from the studio when possible. First, tho, I have to get a bike set up.  They're dusty, the tires are flat, not very appealing to look at.  Well, there's just one solution to that.  Then there's the issue of the hill I live on.  It would be a fun, downhill ride to the studio.  It would be a gradual ascent, culminating with about a mile of steep climb to get home.  Probably steep enough that I'd be walking most of the early times I tried it.  Then the heat of summer would hit and I might be walking because of that.  Still a niggling thought, tho.

3.  The saga of my parents continues.  People told me that it would get easier, they would love it in assisted living (once they got used to it), that a load would be lifted.  Well, they don't love it, they're not using any of the enjoyable facility amenities, the load is getting heavier.  Our (my cousin and I) worst case scenario is playing out right before our eyes and it's worse than we imagined. Don't ask -- I erased a full paragraph with details; it's too depressing.

Got to walk the dogs and get ready for 9 am Level 1. Theme?  Heart Quality? Alignment principle? Apex pose? Sequence? Trust that I'll be thinking as I'm walking.

Have a nice Saturday,

No comments: