Tuesday, August 10, 2010

EAGLE VISION

Looked at yesterday's list of activities; accomplished all.

In her class last night, Tiffany gave me a good reminder that ideas for themes do not have to take tons of effort to create -- that I can look around me and find a theme. Hers was related to sighting an eagle on a recent hike. The whole class wove itself in and through an image of ourselves as beautiful, soaring eagles. Of course, our shoulder blades got a good amount of emphasis; but, there was this subtler message - that of focusing closely, yet seeing the big picture -- at the same time.

Interesting that, when I am with a teacher I know and trust, I don't dissect the class. I'm not looking for themes, heart qualities, philosophic connection, apex, sequencing -- I simply let myself enjoy.  (Well, I am paying attention to the languaging - hers is so good and it's important for me to absorb some of that.)  Once again, I left feeling better - isn't that the way it's supposed to be? Yes!

Back to teaching my own classes today.  For whatever reason, August has begun with substantial attendance numbers in most of the classes we offer. Perhaps people are winding down from Summer - who knows; we'll just enjoy the upturn.  The instructors who teach at the studio are stepping up with great energy, new ideas and lots of support for one another.  I'm having a bit of trouble keeping up with it all; but I'll manage and I'll enjoy it.

JF is in town (Park City, actually) in two weeks = fun, fun, fun! Kicking everything up a notch in preparation. I'll be attending his Immersion 3 and the weekend workshop. If Immersion 3 is anything like Immersion 1, I'd better be ready for lots of asana and tons of discussion/note taking/etc.

Lynn Lakusiak is Certified!  Love it! Congratulations!

Tuesday's Activities:
   Level 1 at 10 am  (I'm teaching)
   Paperwork, cleaning, blankets(?) - blankets in the summer at the laundromat = NO fun;
       gotta do it sometime, tho
   YogaHour at 4 pm (I'm teaching)

Have a good Tuesday,

1 comment:

Kimberly Achelis Hoggan aka Sita LivDeep said...

thanks for sharing Tiffs reminder about themes. I feel I can come up with a good class foucus around the UPA's or something but then I can get so wrapped up and worried about not having a awesome theme. :)