Sunday, September 5, 2010

SUNDAY MORNING MUSINGS

It's early. Not so early as some mornings; but still early. The house is quiet; everyone (dogs and husband) are still asleep. Time to think, meditate, enjoy my coffee, look out the windows at a beautiful sunrise, and - now - record some thoughts in the blog.

One of the things I do before turning to the blog is check e-mail (and Facebook, of course). There are always a multitude of offers from stores, including Amazon -- one of my favorites. Over the course of buying books - yoga, children's and others - the 'people' at Amazon have become used to my habits and will send appropriate suggestions.  Not too often, just often enough.

This morning, an offer for a great looking children's book (BTW, if you need to buy children's books, I've had great luck sticking with any of the 5-star suggestions from Amazon; my grandsons have loved 90% of the books I have given them using this resource). Then it pulls me into the yoga section (of course), and from there into inspirational writings.  I decided to check out the inspirational writings. One I bought included, in the introduction, this short poem:


I write myself into being.
From the stillness, 
day by day,
the words arise,
and who I am 
appears on paper...

I think that pretty much sums up the opening this blog has created in my life (and, 'of course', I bought the book).  So, there you have it -- the reason I have continued to write; my life is expanded and I experience a forum for you to see who I am. Great stuff.  

Our day yesterday was busy, yet relaxing. Short meeting in the morning, then into town to explore a few stores. It becomes such a small world when you talk to people. One of the stores we went into is owned by Primo's sister, Goochie (sp?) and her husband. What? Primo from Martha's Vineyard has a sister in Driggs, ID? Yes. We talked, we took care of several gifts we needed to buy; then lunch at Miso Hungry, and on to the book store (always a staple of any shopping trip into town). Checked out the new Creamery where they serve gelato and cheese curds over the counter (they probably sell cheese, as well). Have to admit we didn't try the cheese curds, but did have a small gelato. All along the way, I ran into people I've met on this yoga journey; in Driggs, ID, no less.  

Back to the house - nap time (hoo-ray); then off to a friend's home for dinner. Nice day. 

To top it off, I received an invitation to teach at the YogaAid event, Sept. 18, at Liberty Park in SLC (1-4 pm). It's a 2-hour yoga practice, teaching divided between many area instructors. The funds we (and participants) raise go to benefit a number of causes. I decided on "Yoga for Youth"; which does just that -- introduces and provides yoga to youth who may be at risk.

If you are looking for a cause to direct a few dollars towards, check out my 'fundraising page'.  Any amount will be greatly appreciated; your positive energy will also be welcomed.  The link is 
http://yogaaid.com/lesliesalmon.  You are also welcome to participate in the event (and raise a few $$$ through pledges of support, yourself).  A great way to build community.

And, another shout-out to A.J. McIntyre -- CERTIFIED ANUSARA® YOGA INSTRUCTOR.  You rock, A.J.!

Hope you have a nice Sunday,

No comments: