Monday, November 1, 2010

HOMEWARD BOUND

After a nice weekend in Driggs, we are homeward bound this morning.

Sunday afternoon we made a short journey over to Jackson to visit the National Museum of Wildlife Art.  This was the location for Sundari's teacher training in October 2009, so I was well acquainted with it but Howard had never been inside.  Pleased to see many memories, plus new pieces to enjoy; and, he was impressed.  

Then, a quick lunch with new friends (traveling in the area, friends of a friend - if that makes sense), and back over the pass for more R&R in front of a warm fire.

Tonight, I meet a new group of people - 7-8 who are struggling with a degenerative disease known as PSP (progressive supranuclear palsy), which basically destroys the brainstem (nasty disease) - part of the Parkinson's group. They will attend their support group meeting with caregivers and I've been invited to introduce a bit of yoga to them.  Unexplained falling is one of the first symptoms of this disease, so my plan is to do a lot of breath and seated work.  Will take a couple ideas with me, since I'm not sure what I will walk into.

It's taken a while for that proclamation from my first therapeutics training to take hold ("people will be knocking on your door", 2006, can't remember who said it).  They are knocking now, and I'm so glad for the time I've been given to study more and work with people more. Oh, I was eager before; but, I think that eagerness could have been my undoing. As in, I wouldn't have been patient enough to look at the whole person before diving in to 'fix' them. I leave therapeutic trainings with tons of knowledge that I am dying to share. Better that I've been given time to absorb, learn more, repeat.

Today:
  • Driving home
  • Support Group Introduction to Yoga
Enjoy your day, 

No comments: