Wednesday, November 3, 2010

WAITING . . .

For what? For the video I sent recently to Sundari to be reviewed; to hear what needs to change/happen; or - perhaps - to move past this 'hump' and into the next round. What is the next round? To have my video reviewed and be assigned an 'evaluation mentor' (not sure what their official title is) by the Certification Committee.

The 'evaluation mentor' will review the same video, and offer feedback -- good things & places that need improvement. Hopefully, this will happen just a few times before reaching my goal of being a Certified Anusara® yoga instructor. We'll see.

Class with Wayne yesterday was a good one -- perfect for me (struggling with a cold), and for others in the room (one who was new to him).  I keep noticing how things are changing in my poses -- don't want to give too much credit to weight loss, but something is changing -- maybe it's my attitude. I do know that the things Adam is working on are strongly in my mental forefront as I practice (hips more open; hamstrings; shoulder blades; upper back opening). One example from yesterday -- feet are closer in malasana!

Sheldon began teaching for The Yoga Center last night -- he will offer two classes each week. Unfortunately, I was struggling with the cold - especially as the day ended, causing me to pass on taking the class. So, I'll plan to try it out next week when I've recovered (how's that for positive thinking!). It was great to see that many of the people who attended were students of his from previous teaching 'gigs' -- what a nice compliment for him.

Sheldon joining our teaching crew brings the number of men instructors to 4 (four!) in our group of 13. Don't think that's ever happened before at my studio. Usually, all women instructors; maybe one guy, but no number like 4 before. This is a change that I hope students will appreciate.

Today's Plans:
  • Gentle Yoga at 10 am at The Yoga Center
  • My own private with Adam
  • Whatever happens
Enjoy your Wednesday,

No comments: