Thursday, November 4, 2010

LOSE THE WORD 'PEEPS', PEOPLE

I wrote another blog, then erased it.  Got the 'stuff' out of my system and into the computer.

Then, I wrote another beginning - one that ranted about the use of the word 'peeps' when referring to our students and friends.  Erased that one also. Though, I did agree with everything I wrote.

So, I return to the place in the middle, the mudhya. A safe place to be, in yoga and in life. Not too extreme -- either too bright and happy or too challenging and confrontational. After all, you - the people who read this blog regularly - are not the culprits.

This week's classes and teaching have been about the mudhya (a sanskrit word for middle). Finding that balance point between inner and outer spiral, the place that feels good and resides between effort and surrender, the place between too effervescent and too morose.  The mudhya.

Why be in the middle?  For me, it's just better. When I get too out there, too confrontational or too challenging, I am not a happy/content person. Too much fire. When I am too effervescent (too happy), it's not the real me. I can be happy, but my personality range places 'too happy' in the red zone.  (I'm thinking about the tachometer on my car, right now.) I also can get 'too in the middle' - what does that mean? To me, it means complacent. I do need to be right on the cusp of the middle, so I don't get boring and too conventional or too comfortable.

Yesterday, I had a great Gentle Yoga class -- we did as we always do, moved, laughed, complained, laughed, moved some more. I always feel so great after this class; wait -- that's the goal for students, to feel better. Teachers too, I hope.

Then, it was home to rest, take care of the cold; which appears to be better this morning.

Today?

  • Errands in a.m.
  • Pilates at 1 pm
  • Yoga Hour at 4 pm 

Hope you have a good Thursday,

No comments: