Wednesday, December 29, 2010

December 29

In all the time I've been writing in this blog, I do not believe I've ever gone this long without posting (5 days!). Each day, I've checked e-mail, looked at Facebook, read other's blogs -- but, my 'blog inspiration' was lacking (or - if it was there - I was interrupted by grandsons running into the room or needing a little attention).

I felt better when I read BJ Galvan's Facebook post about making a choice between India and her "Grand-Drops". Sometimes, we need to let something go (blog posting or India) in favor of more important things ( changing a diaper or taking 'Grand-Drops' to the park). Most probably there will be plenty of time and opportunity for those small things like "India". The feel of someone's little head on my shoulder or a hand reaching for mine -- those moments are more precious, especially when we don't have access every day to them.
So, I'm back -- a bit rusty at writing, I fear, but back. I may also be a bit rusty at yoga -- took a break from that, as well over the past 5 days. In the midst of Christmas morning chaos or a grandson meltdown, I did find myself moving into my breath -- so, some pranayama got practiced, at least. I'll be on the mat this morning.
As to teaching, a break from that until the first week of January - when I'll go back to my regular schedule and also be subbing for a friend for a few weeks.
Today? Watching the weather roll by -- more snow projected for SLC.
Hope your Wednesday is a good one,

No comments: