Tuesday, December 7, 2010

TUESDAY

Up early (what's new?), and at a loss for a blog post title; so will just go with the obvious -- it's Tuesday.

Yesterday began as planned - I did write the e-mail; then, received a call from an instructor having car trouble. I live close to the studio (the one I used to own), so people call me when in a 'pickle'. She explained she'd be late, if she could get there at all -- I offered to sub. Since it was just 15 minutes until class was to start, I threw on clothes, brushed my hair, rinsed off my face (no make-up for this class), and hopped in the car. Pulled up to find 5 people patiently waiting outside the door and more walking in from the parking lot.
Subbing can be an interesting task, but - this morning - perhaps because I felt freer after the sale or maybe it was because of the spur-of-the-moment request, I was able to walk in, tell everyone why I was there (instead of their favorite instructor), and begin class. My voice, I noticed, was strong and I 'kicked it up a notch'. Best part -- no planning. Once in a while, I believe, this is a good thing - to just walk in and teach; no plan; no intentions for students; no expectations of myself except to give them a good experience (I hope).
After that, I ran errands, did some grocery shopping, and went home. A nice, productive day. The unfortunate part? I didn't make it to Tiffany's class. Bummer! Maybe Wednesday. Last night might have been a bit dangerous, anyway -- The Shop is re-opening their retail space with lots of new stuff; clothing that we haven't had access to before. (SLC, by the way, is not the shopping mecca you might think -- especially for yoga clothes.)
Today is a busier day:
  • Class with Wayne
  • Pilates at noon
  • 2:30 semi-private with the less-than-flexible (or stiffer-than-most) couple
  • Help get Yoga Center newsletter out
Enjoy your Tuesday,

No comments: