Tuesday, March 1, 2011

90-MINUTE ADVERTISEMENT

In the month of February, I participated in the webinar series conducted by Amy Ippoliti and titled '90-Minutes to Change the World'.

Purpose? For her, it was an opportunity to help local instructors grow their classes. Why? She noticed workshops, well attended; local classes, not so in many cases. For me, another learning opportunity that offered a more 'nuts and bolts' approach to the 'business' of teaching yoga. Because, after all, it is a business in addition to an opportunity for us to share our knowledge with others.
Result? A good source of information in a stress-free format. The additional unknown is an opportunity to connect with a curious and knowledgeable group of yoga teachers from around the country (correct that - it should be 'world' - people on the site from Singapore, Australia, etc.)
I highly recommend it. (You can get information through Amy's Facebook page or her website.)
And, as I pack my house in preparation to relocate to Southern California, there are many insights that I'll put to good use as I prepare to start over, building classes, meeting a new community of yoga (and soon-to-be) yoga practitioners.
Yes, moving -- in about 10 days, to Fallbrook, CA (a bit north and east of Carlsbad, CA - the home of our youngest 'Grand-Dudes'). This move began six months ago as a "3-year plan", designed to give us a goal of down-sizing, planning, being closer to these little 'grand dudes' - not to mention son and daughter-in-law. Obviously, it began to spin faster with the sale of my studio. Then there were trips to visit the family, resulting in curiosity 'window shopping' for houses. Soon, we were making offers on houses. Then we needed to sell the SLC house, so it went on the market. Many months sooner than 3 years, we are moving. Fallbrook house bought; Salt Lake house sold; we are packing!
Excited for this new journey. Not excited to leave teaching friends from SLC, but there may be opportunities to see people at workshops and trainings. Students? I know there will be good replacements (I've arranged for privates to be taken care of); studio classes, Lyndsey (one of the owners) will take them on for me. Things for this part of my life are falling into place. So, onward.
Until I leave SLC, classes will remain same until Weds., Mar. 9.
Today?
  • 9:15, teaching Level 1-2 class at The Yoga Center
  • House stuff - which means more packing
  • Hair appointment - ahhh, any excuse to move away from the packing for a little bit
Hope you have a great Tuesday,

5 comments:

Linda J. Black said...

Hi Leslie! Amazing news! I would love to come visit you when you get settled in California. You will be missed in the yoga community here. Hope to bring you back as a guest instructor when you are up for a visit. Love all you've done the past 10 years to promote yoga and community!!
Love, Linda Black

Unknown said...

Wow what excitement in big changes, we are so happy for you but will miss you and we are so fortunate to have met you in SLC, many thanks for the great teachings and inspiration in your classes and blogging, Alohas from the Cookes, Julie and Jane

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Such an exciting journey to be moving onto.

Unknown said...

Well obviously I am thrilled about your adventure and genuinely happy for you. I am also sad, after a hectic year plus of starting pharmacy school I have made the commitment to come back to yoga (starting over spring break)and having you as my teacher. You probably don't remember me, I am the recipient of the $4 private. Of all the teachers I have practiced with I felt the most confident, peaceful and energized by you. Good Luck! Emily Hunter

Leslie Salmon said...

Linda, Julie, Sheila & Emily -- thank you for your kind words. I will miss everyone, but looking forward to this next phase (and certification).