Thursday, March 24, 2011

THE FIRST FEW DAYS ...

Early morning in Fallbrook, coffee and computer in hand, listening to Amy & Tal's recent Teleconference in which they discuss Amy's "90 Minutes ..." series.

Moving van arrived early Monday morning. Because our driveway is steep, the truck had to park at the bottom of the drive and the 4 guys working the truck had to hand carry and roll boxes and furniture UP the hill. Talk about a workout for them and their legs! It was a long day for all of us -- them unloading and placing stuff; me, figuring out where the stuff ought to go (or, even if it should stay at all -- because, quite frankly, we have way too much stuff for this house or for any two people to own.
The van unloaded by 8 pm, furniture un-shrink wrapped, big stuff unpacked, paperwork done (mover's delight, I'm sure), I think I fell into bed; awakened to find boxes, boxes and boxes waiting to be unwrapped. Once unwrapped, what does one do with all the boxes and packing papers -- one of the daunting aspects of this project for me. Some certainly can be re-used, but not all. Fortunately, Fallbrook has a good recycling plant about 3 miles from our house; just have to cart it over.
After 2 days of unpacking, a system seems to fall into place -- I get up, still create time for sitting, coffee and computer, then hit (unpack) some boxes. Once I create a car-full of boxes/papers, it's opportunity for a break; and I take the cast-offs to recycle. Then back to the house for lunch, a brief break, more unpacking, dinner, rest.
Step back to my post of a few days ago, remember the word 'patience'. Well, it certainly comes in handy. Patience with just taking it one step and one box at a time; patience with trying furniture in different configurations; patience with NOT hanging art just yet (walls really need a bit of TLC - previous owners had a good number of pieces hanging, and they left their mark).
While all this happens, I keep track of the yoga world through my e-mails and Facebook connections. So happy to have the "90-Minute Kula" to keep me connected and involved. And, I have already been invited to 'guest teach' for a fellow Anusara-Inspired(TM) instructor in April. Excited for that.
So, that's my life this week -- devoted to unpacking. Weekend? Desiree and a bit of time with the 'Grand-Dudes'.
Enjoy your Thursday,


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with it all - sounds like you're keeping it all in perspective and yoga rocks!