Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WEDNESDAY MORNING

I wake up each morning with a little anxious edge around me. Kind of like I'm forgetting something really important. Perhaps that's what it's like to always be involved and doing, doing, doing, then to abruptly stop. Stop what?

Stop living in the same house, stop living with the same possessions, stop teaching - classes and privates, stop attending the usual classes. These are only temporary 'stops', but they still leave me feeling a bit 'out of sorts'. Unable to truly relax into the comfort of this little house, with a roaring fire, dogs around my feet, all the comforts of home; yet something is missing.
So, what am I doing about it? Reading, playing on the computer, I went into Bridget's class at YogaTejas yesterday, I also sent an e-mail to Certified and Inspired instructors in the No. San Diego area telling them I'm moving into the area. All have responded with welcoming e-mails. A few comments like "you want to drive this far to sub?" -- gives me pause, as I didn't think Fallbrook was that far away; after all, I've been used to driving distances to attend and teach class. My response: YES, I want to teach. Sounds like I'm really missing the teaching. Don't miss the old house, yet; don't miss the 'stuff' from the old house (which is on a moving truck somewhere), yet; but I AM missing teaching.
Once a bit settled, I see that my work is cut out for me -- I need to find people; people to teach yoga to; people who want to experience yoga. Yes, that's what I need to plan for.
So, about the reading -- nothing great or philosophical, just a 'chick' kind of book. And, the computer -- checking and re-checking e-mails, blogs and Facebook. Class with Bridget was a good one and showed me that I do not push myself hard enough when I'm alone. And, I have been responding to e-mails from those I contacted about the move. Next e-mail -- to my new mentor. Feel like I need to do something with that part of my life, as well.
Our timeline is falling into place. I will leave Driggs on Friday (Howard will have already departed - business trip Thursday). We'll stay in SLC Friday night, pick up cats and bird early Saturday and head out for Fallbrook. Hope to make it all the way on Saturday, get a key from somewhere to the new house, camp in the house until Monday when the moving van arrives. Monday will be entirely devoted to unloading and placing big furniture. Tues, Weds & Thurs devoted to unpacking boxes, perhaps hang some artwork (that's always one thing that happens early in our settling into a house). Fri, Sat, Sun - more of same PLUS Desiree is doing a workshop hosted by YogaDelMar, somewhere. I've signed up -- a dose of Des will be good for me.
Today? Cleaning and sorting at this house - we won't return for a few months, so want to leave it in good order (for the caretaker?). Maybe a trip into Driggs. But first, write my mentor.
Have a great Wednesday. Gentle Yoga students reading this: Please, go to class!

No comments: