Friday, June 3, 2011

THE WEEK IN REVIEW

It's been a busy week; and, as I sit here 'blogging' away, I'm struck by and enjoying the feeling of no appointments, nowhere I have to be, no one to wait for -- just time to take care of house stuff, do some grocery shopping, enjoy the sunshine.

Stepping back to Monday -- remember the picnic. There are pics on Facebook now. Just one of me that I've found, taken with my friend Debra Hodgen. We're the ones NOT in bikini tops or dressed as mermaids, in case you're wondering.
Tuesday, I think I've written about -- teaching.
Wednesday, Grand-Dude Jack came out for the afternoon, and it went great. He helped me pull out some old plants, plant some new ones, water the new ones (and himself). We then 'harvested' some oranges for him to take home. Our most significant activity, however, was walking the dogs. My Grand-Dudes are not used to dogs; so there is a lot of trepidation on their part (and likewise for the dogs). So, when he asked to walk the dogs, I was happy. He took the little one (name: Driggs); I took the big one (name: Tucker). We walked at least one-half mile, up to our corner and back, lingered a while before going into the yard. That was a big deal moment for him and me, and the dogs.
After all this, he and 'Grandpa RJ' (their name for Howard) still had time to go to the sports store to buy a 'Kan Jam' game, and Jack's first baseball mit and a soft ball. When they returned, there was time to play Frisbee (Kan Jam) for a while before the rest of the family arrived for dinner. Wonderful day.
Thursday, another day of teaching -- my theme for the day was a take-off on Christina Sell's blog about community. Small classes again, but a nice blend of students -- very experienced in Carlsbad; in Temecula, one new student in the group, one 'angry' shoulder, and one with hip issues. My kind of classes!
And, now, today -- which I've already described, and has yet to evolve.
I also spent a lot of time during the week on the computer, listening to teleseminars (wonderful stuff), writing plans and articles / blog entries, reading. I even stuck my neck out and answered a query on the Anusara Inspired Yoga Teacher & Student Discussion Board Facebook page. What, you ask? A question re: Urdhva Dhanurasana; student with a sore shoulder and unable to straighten that same elbow. If you're a Facebook'er, you can log on to the page and read my answer, and the answers of other very experienced teachers. What was remarkable about this? That I stepped out of the comfort zone of just thinking and actually wrote it down to allow all the world to see. She's back!
Hope your Friday and weekend are great!

No comments: