Sunday, July 17, 2011

THANKS TO LOOPS & SPIRALS . . .

July 2011, will be remembered as a month of re-connecting. I've already written about Lesley and my old/new friendship (go back to this past Wednesday's post). Out of the blue yesterday came an e-mail from another 'old' friend.

This friend I met in Miami six years ago at the first Teacher Training I attended with JF (John Friend). She and I neighbor'd in the first morning's session, and got to know each other through conversations and partnering.
One important thing to know about Teacher Trainings is that they are challenging. Not simply because I am trying to learn everything being said by the instructor, but add to that the many personalities, egos (yes, egos, including mine) in the room, and differing expectations. It (the training) can come right up to my face and give me a good 'slap', no matter what level of instructor/student I am at that point in time. And, it doesn't even have to be my 'stuff' I'm worried about.
This 'old/new' friend (first name, Lisa) and I both had our share of challenges that week - physical and emotional; fortunately, we had become acquainted that first morning and could bolster each other through the moments that threatened to make a 'train wreck' of the experience. We both survived that first training with JF and, for me, the rest is history you (the reader) may know.
This week, in doing research on loops & spirals, Lisa came upon a blog I wrote about the topic many months ago. She sent me an e-mail, I responded, and we are now Facebook friends -- I look forward to getting reacquainted in the time ahead.
BTW, carpet is in and it looks and feels great. Now dusting off furniture, and unpacking more boxes that had been waiting for this to be accomplished.

Hope your Sunday is a good one!

No comments: