Tuesday, September 6, 2011

TRANSFORMATION

Each time I experience an Anusara® yoga teacher who has recently become Certified, I see such transformation. In each case, the instructor is more confident, creative, energetic, just plain GOOD!

I saw it again, yesterday, when I attended Bridget Lyons class at YogaTejas. Strong teaching, creative teaching, fun teaching. Bridget first came to my attention when she purchased YogaTejas, along with Cate Stillman, in 2007. Like me, she stepped into studio ownership with little if any teaching experience. She's moved quickly along the path, becoming Certified in 2010.
Yesterday's class was all about 'watery' hips. Seems a bit of an oxymoron, if you ask me. My hips have never been referred to as 'watery' -- more like sticky dry. Bridget's analogies were creative, the sequence opened and offered space for the hips to really move, and it was fun. I also had an opportunity to watch her skillfully offer individual attention throughout the room. I left feeling good.
We are always growing, even after we become Certified. Good to know -- I am loving this learning and growing part.
Short post - busy day. Hope you have a great Tuesday.

No comments: