Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A GOOD DAY

Yesterday, very nice.

Left the house early to drive in to Carlsbad - teaching at 10:30am; a Basics class.  I do believe I am finally developing a following -- same people each week, and they talk about coming back on Thursday. Doesn't take much to get me excited, does it?

From that class, I hit the roads to make a teaching staff lunch in Temecula hosted by the studio owner, Andrea.  Great Indian food, not far from the studio -- make mental note of this.

The 2pm Gentle/Therapeutic was attended by just 2; but I'm not displeased with that.  In this type of class, too many and the purpose is lost.  Both students were in decent shape, one - however - had had both hips replaced; the other struggling with back pain 24/7, which she's had explored by physicians to no avail.

In this class we do keep it Gentle -- in fact, we started in savasana, moved to pelvic tilts, 'hip hikers' (Sundari's creation), and - finally - to standing.  Talked a bit about posture. Did some moves. No pain or discomfort from either - score!  I had taught the hip student once before; the back student was an unknown to me.  After class, she commented that the back never felt compromised and that, now, she was standing with more curve in her lumbar spine.  Yes!

Then, a Prenatal Class.  Just one, but a new-to-yoga student who appeared really nervous.  So nervous that I wanted to put my arm around her and say "it's all right".  I resisted; we did some moves; she finally smiled, commented occasionally. We'll see if she comes back.

Dinner with Howard at a winery in the Temecula Valley capped the day. Beautiful restaurant, great food, good company -- need I say more?

Today?  Breakfast Club in Fallbrook - working on getting myself known in this community. Then teaching a class in Temecula - 11:30 Gentle Yoga.  Then?

Hope you have a good Wednesday!

No comments: