Wednesday, February 22, 2012

THE CHALLENGES OF THIS DISCUSSION

As we move through the Anusara upheaval, Facebook has provided lots of information - good and not-so-good.  It is a source of connection, however, to the greater community; which, right now is fractured and waiting (at least, many of us are waiting).

There is a promise of a re-structuring of the organization (and some other promises).  A task that is not easy in any 'business' -- re-structuring.  It takes time.  Fortunately, I've had enough experience in the world of business to know this, so waiting is not a problem or a sign or non-action to me. It all takes time -- weeks, maybe months.

As I wait, however, I would not be telling the truth if I said 'all this is easy'.  It's not.  Each time I look at Facebook and read something I disagree with, I am tempted to comment; perhaps to say something I will regret (you can only push me so far and then I 'bite').  Some days it is just NOT possible to keep my mouth shut (or my fingers from typing).  Each time I give way to the temptation, I am careful tho.

It is important, at these weak moments, to remember that these people are my friends -- whether I have met them or not. We might have partnered in a workshop somewhere and I've forgotten; or we may have met in a line waiting to use the restroom somewhere; or, we could have participated in a webinar or teleseminar together. In my 10+ years of practicing Anusara Yoga, I've met hundreds of people.  Besides, civility dictates, in my book. And, as my wise husband had said many times, 'don't burn your bridges'.

I am learning to read comments, and to step back and take a breath.  This is a good lesson for me.  I do know how to do it in class (remember my experience with 'it's slower' -- I didn't react there, did I?). I am not so sure I know how to do it very well in life outside the classroom, workshop, training, etc. This is good training.

Today? Cleaning.

Yesterday?  Classes went well - Gentle/therapeutic and Prenatal - using chairs, learning from the students; from their physical stuff and from their experiences.

And, my study?  Wow, I read, I practice, I experience and understand.  Amazing!

Hope you have a great Wednesday,

1 comment:

drwh0 said...

I'm starting my second immersion this afternoon. I just finished cleaning my mat, and I'm letting it dry. So I empathize. Some things endure.