Friday, June 1, 2012

AND, THIS WEEK?

I am sorry to say that I missed this Wednesday's Wisdom Warrior gathering.  Unavoidable absence -- needed to take a few days and visit my family in Spokane.

As I flew in yesterday (Thursday), I pondered what I would teach my afternoon class (to be honest, I have used a lot of the material from the Wednesday practice as a template for this Thursday gathering). Missing the practice means I have no fresh material.  Nevertheless, I was excited for the class to happen, to see the 'regulars' (it's taken a while, but I do have 'regulars' now), to experience students' thirst for more yoga knowledge.

So, arrived in Orange County at noon, smooth drive home, quick lunch and a short rest, then it was off to Temecula to teach.  What to teach, was my lingering concern.

Two newer students in the room, plus 3 'regulars'. Not bad for 4pm on a Thursday.  Now, what do I teach?  I decided on some twisted poses -  things like revolved half moon and triangle.  After sitting on a plane for 3 hours, and spending a couple hours sitting and waiting or driving, I knew I would love to do some twists -- so that was the plan.  Using the wall in these poses would refine the 'regulars' and offer accessibility to the newer students -- perfect!

First, tho, after warming up we had to do a few handstands.  I marvel at the progress and refinement that has happened in the 'regulars'.  At this studio, each of them attends many different classes with different instructors.  Love that.  And, it all congeals into a refining (loving that word today).  Good stuff.

Today? Teaching again -- Gentle Yoga at 11:30am, also in Temecula.

Hope you have a great Friday!

No comments: