Thursday, August 23, 2012

WHERE WERE YOU YESTERDAY?

Conflicts do happen and yesterday turned in to one of those days. Driving that additional trip into Del Mar, only to turn around and do it again for an early evening event, made attending the Wisdom Warriors practice a bit 'over the top'.

Don't get me wrong - I'd drive almost anywhere for a good yoga practice, but that '40+ minutes times 4' just was not what I needed yesterday.  Yesterday, I think I needed a rest from the road.

I can tell when it's happening -- I'm driving along the freeway, 65-75 mph, and up comes a motorcycle or other fast-moving auto passing me, right or left side, doing at least 80-90.  Varoommmm! I jump about six inches out of my driver's seat, heartbeat jumps about 20 bpm, and breath becomes more rapid. That's a sign to me that road weariness is approaching; time for a break.

So, yesterday, no driving; let the husband do it -- and, he did a mighty fine job on our one drive in to LaJolla last night.

What else is new in my world?  My workshop over the weekend was nicely attended -- the topic, The Feet, is a valuable one but not one of the more exciting for the masses. I realize that and appreciate those who were there because their inner teacher led them to spend 2 hours with me on a hot Saturday afternoon.  I talked, then we began by massaging our feet, paying attention to how that felt before and after. We did some stretching of calves, soles of feet. We did some strengthening work, balance work, and I got to talk - something I find fun to do, especially when it's about the interesting and unusual aspects of our bodies.

This workshop is a series -- I decided to spend 4 2-hour time slots offering information in the following order:  Feet, knees, hips, and the finale' "Puttin' it all Together".  I'll do one session each month from August forward.

When not in a yoga studio teaching or practicing, I've been spending a lot of time on this computer. There is little travel planned this year for workshops or trainings, so I've decided to use the time/resources on some webinars with teachers I've come to know and respect.  I just finished sequencing with Christina Sell (will do part 2 in September), and am currently catching up on Martin Kirk's anatomy webinar.  I love that if you are unable to participate live, you can go back and watch (and re-watch, if needed) these sessions. In the quiet of my kitchen, with little distraction, I learn a lot.
I also have some catching up to do with "10 Wisdoms", presented by Eric Stoneberg.

And, today -- a trip to the Social Security office (a true sign of age) this morning, then to Temecula to teach -- 12:30 Gentle at Yoga for Life; 4pm Basics at Living Yoga.  More driving, but I'm ready for it after yesterday's rest.

Hope you have a great Thursday!

And -- check it out:  http://www.delmartimes.net/2012/08/15/new-wisdom-warriors-class-takes-off-at-yoga-del-mar/

No comments: