Thursday, September 13, 2012

WHERE HAVE I BEEN?

To put it simply, all over the place!  (and, that's no joke)  I have a laundry list of things I've been doing instead of writing in this blog.  The list includes:

1.  Living my 'at home' life -- that includes some yardwork (bruises to prove it); spending time with Grand-Dudes; some sorting out (making space); dog care (bathed 3 dogs in one day); learning to run the sprinkler system(s) on our property; trying to cook more; gearing up to do a household inventory.  There may be more, but you get the point.

2.  Living my 'yoga teaching' life -- that includes practice (Wisdom Warriors is a part of that, tho I've missed 3 weeks; made it back yesterday); teaching 5 weekly yoga classes; teaching workshops (have two coming up on the next 2 Saturdays); listening and watching the backlog of webinars I've signed up for over the past several months, including Sequencing with Christina Sell; Anatomy with Martin Kirk; Wisdom of the Goddesses with Eric Stoneberg; and - coming up - a year-long study of Ayurveda with Cate Stillman.  

3.  Living my 'fun' life -- including a short trip to our 'vacation house' (a moniker assigned to the small home we still own in Driggs, Idaho, by Grand-Dude Jack).  

4.  Living my 'miscellaneous' life -- all the other things that have happened that don't necessarily fall into one of the above categories, including the monumental effort to FINALLY pull out the IPAD my husband bought me 2 years (yes, years) ago and firing it up.  Do I know how to run it? no -- that required a visit to the Apple Store and an embarrassing admission of my technical ignorance. Happy to report that IPAD now is up and running, and I am playing around with it a bit.  Remember that inventory I mentioned earlier; I see uses for the IPAD in that task.

If you are reading this, you are probably most interested in #2 -- the yoga teaching part of my life.  My 5 classes include 3 Gentle/Therapeutic classes, one mixed-level class which is a volunteer effort at the Fallbrook Library, and a start-up Wisdom Warriors practice in Temecula (modeled after Desiree and Geri's practice which I attend).

Speaking of Wisdom Warriors, Geri led a nice practice yesterday.  It was as if she read my mind -- having been away from a strong practice for 3 weeks, I was a bit tentative.  We moved slowly and deliberately (my preferred way). Not easy, by any means; but purposeful. Geri moved us through standing poses, hip openers, some upside-down stuff, and finished with a 5-minute shoulder stand and a long savasana.  Loved it; welcome back, Leslie.  Next week, Desiree returns and the volume will be amp'd up a bit, I'm sure.  We're also planning a raw, vegan dinner after the practice at one of our fellow practitioners' homes. I've done raw before, but it has never been my first choice; I will give it another try.

Today, subbing for a friend, then teaching 2 of my own classes.

Hope you have a great Thursday!


No comments: