Thursday, June 20, 2013

BLOG DRAMA

"As she hurriedly finished her breakfast (including one-half of a juicy orange), she turned to the keyboard; only to find her fingers sticky with the afore-mentioned juice.  What to do?  Wipe it off, and get back to the typing.  The end."

Joking . . . it's not the end of this blog post, just the end of the blog drama for which this post is titled.  HaHaHaHa !!!  (I do love a good (or bad) joke in the morning.)

What is not a joke is the soreness I am experiencing each time I inhale deeply.  I can only think of one person to blame for that, and that person's initials are DR (as in Desiree Rumbaugh).  She's back and didn't miss a beat yesterday, moving us in all directions -- sideways, up, down, on hands, on knees, on one  hand and one knee.  You name it, I think we moved there.  All with the intention of keeping our back body spread, ribs and belly engaged through front body, shoulder blades on back -- standing tall with the firm foundation that posture gives us.

Breakthrough moment!  We did Hanumanasana (splits) and I went lower than usual -- however that's not the breakthrough.  The next pose, the one where you are in a lunge, put right shoulder under right knee, stretch right leg forward off the ground, and lift back leg.  You know that one?  (I can't remember the name of it.)  Anyway, I have never (NEVER) taken the front leg off the ground, unless I bent the knee.  Yesterday, I not only lifted it from the ground, but the leg was straight.  Be still my heart.

Other news from the practice -- the Pasadena Posse was there, including my friend Jose Alvarado.  So good to see him.  I put my mat across from his, every once in a while we'd both look up and he'd be cheering me on.  That, plus LeeAnn next to me, made the practice truly inspirational.  Someday, I may be able to do at least a portion of the poses they do; for now, it is fun to watch.

My own teaching has been very rewarding lately.  People struggling with conditions or injuries that preclude most from even thinking about yoga, are showing up.  They are doing the best they can, and they are finding benefit.  Love that part of teaching.

Today?  Taking one dog to the vet (routine check), then to Temecula for Gentle Yoga at Yoga For Life, followed by Wisdom Warriors at Living Yoga, and a basic class (also at Living Yoga) that I am subbing for a friend.

Hope you have a great Thursday!

No comments: