Sunday, September 15, 2013

FACEBOOK FUN

Those of you who read my blog regularly know that I have truly appreciated Facebook in the past 2+ years.  When I moved from Salt Lake to Fallbrook, Facebook provided a conduit to the yoga community -- both in Salt Lake and throughout the U.S. (and world).  It has also been a source of awareness for workshops, trainings, etc. -- invaluable for someone like me who LOVES continuing education.

As I was reading the posts on my home page this morning (as I do almost every morning), I was struck by some of the phrasing used by participants.  Since many I have become acquainted with through Facebook, there really is no way I can truly know what they are talking about -- however, I thought it would be fun to interpret some in this blog post.  Plus, list some of the great posts of this morning.  So, here goes:

"GREAT GAME UTES" -- Obviously, this person is from Utah and is a fan of the U. of U. football team.  Not much more needs said.

"Feeling handstands today" -- Well, we can safely say what this yoga instructor (and her students) are in for.

"Wisdom Words:  Deepen your observation, soften your determination" - one of my favorite 'posters', this instructor always has something to say that is smart, a bit radical, and sometimes rebellious.  I will think about this particular quote for a long while.

"Balanced core tone is worth cultivating" - If you are not familiar with this persons blog/website, you probably just said "huh?".  This is a post to draw attention to his blog (The Head in Plank Position blog.corewalking.com  The position of the head in plank can show you a lot about someone's core.)  Interesting and worth the read.

"If you send this bit__ up it can't go down" -  I just said 'huh?'  Her close friends - based on comments - know what she's talking about, I don't.

And, finally --

"CHANCE has his very own WANTED poster" - This post from the group (German Shepherd Rescue of Orange County) from which we adopted Klaus - the senior German Shepherd who LOVES my husband.  He's been with us 2 years now; great dog!

I have come to believe that Facebook, in addition to being a communication tool, is also a venting tool. Some days, we have to say something to someone.  And, perhaps the safest person to say it to is the anonymous Facebook page.  Secretly, however, we hope that the intended recipient of our comments reads (and understands) what we are saying.  Enough on that.

A busy week back to teaching.  Some schedule shifts are happening in the next week or two, so will keep students posted.  Hopefully, these shifts will suit students and - at least - lessen the travel time.

Tomorrow is my son, Derek's, 39th birthday.  Wow!!  His sons, the grand-dudes, also are having birthdays -- Carson in July, Brady on 9/18, and Jack in November.  Busy season for birthdays!

My Mother's health continues to improve, I hope.  She's had a rough couple months (mentioned before), and hopefully she will be back in her apartment soon!

Notice, I do my 'venting' and explaining through this blog.

Hope you all have a good week!

No comments: