Wednesday, September 4, 2013

NOTHING ABOUT YOGA (well, maybe just a little)

I started this with the intention of focusing on just our vacation (which is almost over).  I then realized that it's been a LONG time since I've written and a lot has happened yoga-wise; so, the parentheses.

We are on vacation, the longest in a while -- 7 whole days in Idaho.  We / I've done a lot while here -- experienced sunshine and epic thunderstorms (in my realm of thunderstorm memory), taken a good hike, done some wonderful yoga with my friend and mentor - Sundari, spent one day on the Snake River fly fishing, read a book and parts of a couple others, and - now - writing in the blog.

Tomorrow, I head to Spokane to visit family; especially my Mom, who has had a rough couple of months.  Howard will head back to San Diego to relieve our housesitter of 'dog duties'.

This trip to Idaho has proven a bit challenging -- the clothes dryer (or, I should say outlet to the dryer) has malfunctioned, leaving me hanging clothes outside to dry (not such a bad thing); the TV satellite is not working (more of an issue for Howard than for me, but after a few days I have to admit I missed it a bit). And, the BIG news -- moose in the yard!!!  Two, so far -- one, with a huge velvet rack of antlers; the second, younger with a smaller rack.  Very calm and happy to just munch on our volunteer aspens, which is fine with us.  I think this house appeals to them, since there is not much activity -- the caretaker drops in, but for a few months, that's been about it.  One of our neighbors (about .5 mile away) actually had SEVEN in her yard.  Our fishing guide's theory is that the wolves are multiplying and pushing moose, elk, deer, etc., down into the valley.

In case you're not familiar with moose, they can be dangerous.  As I was trimming bushes, I kept a close eye on the trees behind me (where we first spotted them).  What was my escape plan?  To crawl under the deck (with the spiders, other bugs, mice, etc. -- pleasant thought).

We also had a skunk in the yard this morning -- a big fluffy fellow (or girl), who we left well enough alone!  Didn't even take a picture.

As to yoga, I still teach a lot, I still go to Wisdom Warriors as much as possible, and -- the biggest news -- is that I finally met Douglas Brooks.  He and Noah co-taught a 3-day workshop in Los Angeles.  Fun to do some energetic yoga (sweat dripping-kind), and to listen to Dr. Brooks.  Much easier in person than on CD's.

Just arrived home from a nice dinner in Jackson; to find that my iron does not work either -- not that I wanted to do a bunch of ironing on my last day of true vacation, but Howard does need a dress shirt for his travel tomorrow.  Will try another outlet or two, see if it starts up.

Hope you've had a nice Wednesday.  Looking forward to seeing all my friends next week!


No comments: