Thursday, February 26, 2009

ALWAYS LEARNING

As I move further into this 'high-tech' world of blogging and facebook, I am presented with new learning opportunities. For example:

1. Several of my readers ('my readers' -- doesn't that sound impressive) want to comment; how do they do it? Well, I just changed a setting that will open up comments to everyone. I did retain the option to moderate them, prior to publishing to eliminate unsavory entries. I hope that solves the problem, and more of you will comment.

2. I thought it would be nice to put a picture of myself on the blog without a fish -- I do have one reasonable photo of me and Jack (1st birthday party). So, I uploaded it. It's so huge, that I'm having second thoughts and would like to take it off, re-size it and maybe put it back on. That, apparently, is not possible. Once you upload a photo to an entry, you're stuck -- if I delete the photo, I delete the entry, comments, everything associated with that blog entry. I am so happy to have gotten a comment on the entry, that deleting it is not an option. You'll just have to look at my big face until yesterday's blog moves to 'older posts'.

3. Then, there's facebook. I'm up to a grand total of 7 friends. As I look at other participants, they all have hundreds. (Kind of reminds me of my experience in high school.) But, until I figure facebook out, I'm happy to have seven friends -- I can give them some quality time. It IS fun to connect with friends, tho. In fact, I'm anxiously waiting for BJ Galvan to accept my invitation.

All this to say, that at my age (59), working towards Anusara Certification, blogging, facebooking (a little), running a studio, and carrying on the rest of my life, should certainly hold off any dementia for a while.

Going to Tucson on Sunday for the Teachers Intensive week and then the weekend workshop. No way my practice is ready for the Advanced Intensive -- though I know I could pull it off with some degree of integrity from a far corner of the room; however, that would not be an affirming way for me to start a valuable week with John & friends.

Enjoy the day,

No comments: