Saturday, February 28, 2009

I'M TOO BUSY . . .

I really am. Too busy to continue my 3 A's discussion (this should have been Alignment), as the morning has been dedicated to getting ready to teach in a few hours. Don't worry, tho, it's on my list.

What this blog provides me is a ready source of themes and topics for classes. Just guess what my class this morning will hear? Right, a short discourse on the 3 A's, related to listening to one's body as we practice. Heart quality: mindfulness. I've already handwritten a couple of journal pages to get my head around what I would like the students to hear. (Up early, to get this done before husband & dogs join me - just like last week.)

Now to finish -- alignment principle(s) to work on, apex pose, sequence. Then walk the older dog, get ready, go in to the studio early to make sure it's ready, teach class, meet prospective teacher. Come home to continue getting ready for 7 days in TUCSON.

This will be my fifth year of going to Tucson for a weeklong training and weekend workshop with John Friend, founder of Anusara™ Yoga. It's always fun and rewarding -- a chance to re-connect with friends and learn more from John. Besides being fun, it always presents a challenge for me -- 7 days of yoga and lectures, lots of difficult poses and then there's the philosophy, working its way through brain circuits that were wired for 50 years to be very conservative. I always come back energized and ready to share my teachings, tho. What fun!

NOTE TO UP AND COMING TEACHERS: I have overheard conversations recently expressing the concern that they may never be accepted into a John Friend event. I do not believe that. If your studentship is sincere and dedicated, your efforts will be noticed and you will get in. It might not happen on the first application, but it will happen. Remember this: if you do not apply, you will not get it in. Now, that doesn't mean bombarding the office with unlimited applications. Review John's schedule on the Anusara™ website, www.anusara.com. Determine which ones are within your reach, and apply. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Enjoy your weekend,

No comments: