Tuesday, March 3, 2009

DAY TWO

Nervous, jittery, a bit of trepidation, excitement -- all describe my feelings as I arrived at the "Y" for the first day of the Teacher's Intensive training with John Friend. Not unusual, but why nervous - after many of these trainings?

I guess it's because we never know how we'll be tested, how we'll 'perform', or - perish the thought - will we embarrass ourselves. Not abnormal feelings, but you'd think we'd get used to this by now, unless it's the first or second one of these you've attended (NOT my circumstance). However, once we placed our mats, gathered for introductions and John's opening remarks, the jitters had settled and I felt at home -- back in the company of good friends, soon-to-be-made friends, and teachers, and ready to learn and practice.

This training will expand on the philosophy and the languaging we use to transmit our themes, heart qualities, messages to our students. All directed at conducting a class where the students leave a class feeling (1) greater insight / awareness of their deeper essence, (2) better about themselves and others, and (3) that they were well taken care of (safe).

Looking forward to Day Two -- I think I'll pass on that next cup of coffee; that could have been part of the 'jitters' plaguing me yesterday (duh!).

Enjoy Tuesday,

No comments: