Friday, March 13, 2009

ALMOST FORGOT

It's been a busy day -- preparing to teach, then teaching, then thought I was subbing, but that turned out to be a mistake (isn't that what we have calendars for -- and I had it written down correctly). Now, I just finished a practice in which I taught myself.

I've practiced talks, practiced poses, but never, I repeat NEVER, have I taught myself a whole class.

I have to tell you, it's an effective way to work on your teaching. I started out speaking very quietly, in an empty studio no less. By the end of my 'class', I was really animated and loud. I kept looking towards the door whenever I heard a noise, expecting someone to come in for information and find me on the floor, teaching NO ONE (but myself).

It takes time, but it really tells you whether a sequence works, whether your alignment principle is appropriate, whether the theme fits with the heart quality, etc., etc., etc.

Enjoy the weekend,

No comments: