Thursday, March 12, 2009

NO JAIL YESTERDAY

My day started as planned -- going into the studio, straightening paperwork, checking the studio and getting it ready for the Gentle Yoga class. That class went as planned - theme: Celebration (no surprise, there, after yesterday's blog).

I headed from there out to the Jail for the afternoon class. After signing in, going through the security doors, and schlepping the supply cart to the pod, I was told there was an issue in the pod that would prevent my using the classroom. So, schlep the supplies back, go back out through security, sign out. (This doesn't sound like much, but it is a 15-20 minute process both ways - in & out.)

Interesting to me that the Officers at the front desk were surprised that I wasn't upset. Apparently, it isn't unusual for volunteers to get upset when things like this happen and give the front desk Officers a piece of their mind. (Sounds like someone needs yoga!)

For me, the fact that I wasn't upset is one of the wonderful side effects of this yoga practice. It creates a calm in me, a knowledge that I'm not the only one in the equation, and an ability to flow with the pulsation we experience in life. Great stuff.

Oh, I can get my feathers ruffled, don't get me wrong. I just hope that I react appropriately and at the right time. It's just wasting energy otherwise.

Teaching my friends at Sanderson Community Center for the Deaf this morning, then subbing a class at noon.

Enjoy your day,

No comments: