Sunday, March 8, 2009

THANKFUL but READY

As thankful as I am for having this week and weekend, I am ready to go home - to spend time with my husband, to sleep in my own bed, to pet my dogs & cats, to teach AND I owe my Grandson, Jack, another letter.

Question I've been asked most often as this week/weekend winds down? 'what will I teach that first class 'back in the saddle'? Answer: don't know. It's all still percolating.

I will have more poses in my arsenal (poses I have, in the past, avoided teaching), and I will have new languaging skills to practice. But, what will I teach? Thankfully, I have a few days before that first class to think about it and get ready.

What we hear repeatedly is that we must develop our 'own voice'. That just repeating another teacher's instructions, ideas, themes, etc., does not sound authentic. We each have a unique way of teaching. My job over the next weeks, months, years(?) will be to take the teachings I've received and work them into MY vocabulary, MY voice.

Two more hours (just doing the morning session today), until this great time with John & friends will end - for a while. Turns out, he will come to Park City in September for a weekend workshop. I'll apply; you should too.

Take care,

No comments: