Tuesday, April 21, 2009

MONDAY NOTES ON TUESDAY - AGAIN

Boy, I got carried away and forgot that yesterday was the 'notes' day. Oh, well, that means you get it today.

This week has already held enough stress to last the next few weeks. Unfortunately, I took our 13-year-old dog in yesterday for her final 'sleep'. She was a big, mixed breed that we adopted when she was about 5. Good dog; her only fault was an aggressive dislike of small, white dogs -- a problem when walking. But, her quality of life had become very limited in the last few months - she was almost blind, nearly deaf, and her activity this past winter consisted only of walking (limping) out to the front yard to 'do her business', then back in to lay by the couch. Each movement looked painful, even tho we had given her the recommended pain meds.

The vet and her staff were very caring and made all the needed efforts to get me in and out with the least amount of hassle. It is never easy, but Sadie went to sleep very peacefully and I know, in my heart, that it was time.

Thankfully, it is a busy day today -- going to Wayne's class this morning; then to an evaluation with Cindy, my Pilates teacher-in-training friend; then I will teach a class; and finally go to my sign language class.

Right now, the other two dogs are begging for their morning walk.

Life goes on.

1 comment:

Stephanie Mackay said...

My condolences about Sadie. Hard to keep the inner-body bright when it is side-by-side with grief.