Wednesday, April 1, 2009

STRIKE FEAR IN MY HEART . . .

Just logging on -- checked e-mail, looked at my facebook page (BJ & Marlene contributed a couple of good youtube videos - one of Darren Rhodes and the other of AcroYoga, both impressive).

Next, check my website. Horrors! It doesn't come up. Now what -- I've been coasting along without a website person for a year. The site has been reliably self-sufficient, and I haven't had the $$$ to hire someone to become familiar with it 'just in case'. Besides, if it's not broke, why fix it. Well, now what, Einstein?

Maybe it's the worm! Or, maybe, since this has happened before - just once - it is a fluke that will be o.k. in an hour or so. Send positive energy that it is the latter possibility, please.

My view on websites: Example -- let's say you are going to a restaurant that has been highly recommended by your friends for the GREAT food. You drive up, the parking lot and restaurant are poorly lit, the awnings outside are torn, the doorstep is clogged with debris, the glass in the door is dirty. Does it give you pause? It does me. I think websites can be viewed the same way -- they are the first impression someone may get of us. And first impressions are lasting impressions.

Therefore, my website maintenance is of high priority. I get a lot of compliments on it (if you could view it now, I'd send you there -- darn). And, a majority of people are coming to my studio because of the internet. I can only assume they look for yoga in SLC, check out the websites, something clicks with them and they come to the studio. Then - assuming all goes well with the next step (their yoga class) - they continue coming to the studio.

Word of mouth (as argued by one of my yoga friends) is good, too -- but only if you are not running your website in the same manner as my restaurant example.

Boy, I was wondering what to write about this morning. Thank you, Universe. Please, tho, let my website be o.k.

Wednesday -- Gentle Yoga at 10 a.m.; Jail Yoga at 2:30.

p.s. Editing this post to tell you that it's back -- turned out it was a server issue. Whew! But a reminder that a website person would be a valuable tool to have, just in case.

Enjoy your day,

2 comments:

Corey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sweet little liar said...

Good stuff Leslie :)

I have to know what you're doing to be clear headed enough to write so well at such an early hour..

Sam