Saturday, April 4, 2009

VIDEOS . . .

For those of you reading this and new to Anusara™, video'ing myself as I teach is an important 'stone' on my path towards Certification. If you are in my class, know that I am not video'ing you (tho you might be seen on the camera); the purpose is to eventually demonstrate my teaching skills to an evaluation committee comprised of long-time Certified Anusara™ yoga teachers. Many videos are not going anywhere, they will be viewed by me and give me valuable information on areas that need enhancement.

My plan is to just set the video camera up in The Yoga Center. Whether it is on or not, will remain a mystery to students. Hoped-for result: students won't spread themselves to the far corners of the room in fear of their backside being recorded in down dog. I also will get more comfortable with the camera and my voice (as it sounds on the camera).

Speaking of the camera -- I took it back to the store for a brief lesson on operation. Didn't get as much help as I expected or wanted. So, I am back to the manual.

Wayne's theory: the video process is actually a well-disguised arm of the Certification process. As in, can we do it? Can we operate a camera, teach in front of a camera, evaluate the video, then - when right - get that class video OFF the camera and onto a disc? Oh, yes, we need to teach effectively on the video, but just the process of video'ing ourselves is a BIG challenge in itself. It is another measure of just how badly we want to be a Certified Anusara™ Yoga Teacher.

The camera will be in the room this morning, so get ready . . .

1 comment:

Caryn Kelly said...

Oh, so that's why you wanted us to move closer to each other in the room. Now I know. . . .