Saturday, May 30, 2009

IDAHO, HERE I COME

I am up in Spokane this weekend, visiting parents (once again, husband is holding down the fort in Salt Lake City). I've been going to attorney's office, doctor's office, shopping for staples, talking really LOUD because hearing is failing in both parents -- fun stuff. Today I'll go to a class in Coeur d'alene with Karen Sprute-Francovich and let my hair down for a bit.

One of the fortunate parts of my life is that where I live, and where we regularly visit, there are Certified Anusara® instructors available. It is fun and expanding to visit other studios, experience other teaching, and other yoga communities.

Never have I understood why some people choose to limit their yoga experience to just one instructor. (That's my bias coming through.) I love to hear how other instructors phrase their instructions, how they take us into poses, how they sequence their classes, how they interpret the philosophic aspects of this practice.

I remember something from each of the instructors I have studied with. You can take a 'pearl of wisdom' from each -- even if the instructor doesn't prove to be one of your favorites (we can't like everyone). But, they all have something to offer us.

Disclaimer -- this blog is a bit scattered and hurried, because I keep getting interrupted to chat. Next time, I'll stay in my room as I write it.

Enjoy the weekend,

No comments: