Monday, May 11, 2009

MONDAY NOTES

Nice weekend - Mother's Day Brunch, running a few errands, visiting, reading, napping, more eating. Lots of 'doing nothing'.

Today, it's time to read the materials sent to me by Cate (http://www.yogahealer.com/) regarding the Ayurvedic cleanse I will begin preparing for. It's a teleconference course that begins with a conference call tomorrow. Nervous -- never done a cleanse before, and don't know a lot about Ayurveda (except what I've learned on the few occasions I've been in workshop settings with Cate). Time to expand my knowledge base, as well (what IS my dosha?). Hoped for result: more energy, more effective eating habits, connection with some new and already-met friends, new knowledge, able to do eka hasta padangusthasana (? just kidding - I wish that Ayurveda would help with lengthening hamstrings !).

As Sundari says, today will be my day to practice more yoga 'off the mat'. That means dealing with some issues related to aging parents. They live 600 miles away, and - as the only child - the challenge falls to me to make sure they are doing o.k. Yesterday's Mother's Day call revealed they are having issues with groceries -- not that they can't afford them, but that they can't get to the grocery without help. So, we'll try to solve that problem this morning by setting up a delivery service.

Note to self -- don't leave aging issues totally up to our children to solve; be proactive while we still can.

We spent the weekend in Driggs -- nice to get away from the bigger house and yardwork, nice to be on the river, nice to watch the dogs run loose. Just more relaxing.

Here's to a good week,

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Les--love the quote! I'm thinking about the cleanse but don't think I have the energy to do it...uh oh, that probably means I really need it! XO C