Friday, May 1, 2009

PROMOTING

The workshop in July -- July 17-19 -- with Christina Sell is planned. We have a title: "Mid-Summer Journey"; a schedule and subject for each session; I'm working on publicity; and now am working on plane reservations.

I've decided that Facebook could come in handy for publicity -- not that I know much about Facebook. I also now wish I had been more aggressive about collecting friends -- my 25 friends will have to help me spread the word a LOT in order to get attention for this event from Facebook. (I guess I could get busy and invite a bunch of people to be my friends. My worst nightmare: what if someone said no? I hate rejection!)

I'm also arranging for press releases and e-mails, placing ads, creating fliers, and talking it up whenever possible .

Workshops are fun to host, but there is a lot of pressure -- pressure to make plans, host the presenter (my main worry: what will she want to eat?), assure a decent attendance, and make it monetarily worth everyone's while, and then just to have fun. I've got the fun part down -- it's always fun doing yoga. With a teacher like Christina, I KNOW it will be fun.

Looking forward to the weekend and LOTS of teaching,

No comments: