Tuesday, June 23, 2009

108 ...

Some of us do 108 sun salutations; I do 108 posts! As of today, that is.

I have been busy entertaining grandsons and visiting old friends over the weekend, so have neglected this blog. Please forgive me -- that applies to readers and myself.

Even gave myself a break from yoga this weekend. I'm in San Diego, and - while there isn't a ton of Anusara here - there are some good and upcoming instructors. (It's kind of like Utah - slim pickings, but what you find is quality stuff.)

I find that short breaks are sometimes beneficial to my practice and my teaching. When I return, I am less on "auto pilot"; able to re-focus my energy and my mind to the practice.

I used to beat myself up a bit if I missed a couple days of practice (kind of like I do with this blog, now). Then I paid attention to myself as I practiced. Granted, I hadn't made tons of progress in poses during the 'vacation', but I noticed that I was more attentive, able to hear the finer instructions that each teacher voiced, and glad to be back to the practice -- making for a refreshed experience.

So, I don't beat myself up anymore - I know that I'll return and that not much will have changed or 'degenerated'. It's not a bad thing to take a little break once in a while.

Good classes on Friday and Saturday. Numbers not huge, but we aren't doing this for the numbers, right? In each class, forward strides were made, students had 'ah-ha' moments, and we had fun -- that's important.

Enjoy your week,

1 comment:

Benita Wolfe said...

Love you Les!! So witty and real... LOVE THAT!! Yah, not about the numbers.... Keep up the blog!