Saturday, June 13, 2009

RECOMMENDING

If you haven't looked at Christina or Sundari's blogs lately (or even Garden Street - Karen Sprute-Francovich), take a minute this morning and read them.

Christina always has words of wisdom to share -- about poses, philosophy, how we approach our practice, etc. Good stuff for us to ponder, especially if we are moving into the practice of Anusara® yoga or teaching.

Sundari's entry this morning blew me away -- it was as if she was talking to me; I could hear her voice behind the words she had written.

Karen hasn't been quite as regularly since she returned from India, but her last entry about her parents was so well written. If you have ever met her, or practiced with her, you understand her more for sharing that part of her life, her family, with us.

Even when I'm not in a yoga class or training, I am still a student -- reading these blogs is a daily reminder of that. Trying to search out what these great yoga teachers have to tell me. Not that I will go off and repeat them verbatim; but, they are such good reminders of the teachings I've perhaps heard before.

For example, a few posts ago, Christina entered a note about 'just do it'. She wrote that there is no 'just do it' in our yoga practice. Wow! That strikes home with me, because each movement I do in a class or teach to someone doesn't come with a 'just do it' attitude. My practice and my teaching are too important for 'just do it'.

My practice and my teaching is always moving forward and growing, that's part of the process -- always being the student. You can be sure that - if there's one thing I'm learning from the teachers mentioned above and from others - both are infused with my very best effort.

So, I have a reading list of books needed to progress on my Certification path. Some of that is pretty heavy stuff. This is the reading (the blogs these teachers spend their time and energy putting together for us) that brings some of that other 'heady' reading more clearly into my field of understanding.

Check it out,

No comments: