Saturday, July 18, 2009

FUN, FUN, FUN IN THE SUMMERTIME . . .

Just as I thought and hoped, the first night of Christina's workshop is off to a good start. My hips are singing the praises, as well -- at least, this morning. Last night, they might have begged to differ with me, as we inner and outer spiraled our way into pidgeon prep and standing splits.

First night is usually hips, twists, and seated poses as we all get acquainted with each other. This is not a huge group, and everyone there is honestly there for the yoga -- we either know or know of Christina and her skills, and know she will bring new light and knowledge to our practice.

Giving the psoas space -- need to remember that, because I could feel it helping my tight hips.

And, as a houseguest, she's A+. My one rule as a hostess is that my guests MUST make themselves at home. Open cupboards, look around, eat what you wish -- she's fitting right in, and I love it. It takes so much pressure off; not having to ask, to cajole, to serve. I LOVE a guest who just walks in and makes themselves at home. In a way, it's a compliment to me and Howard that they feel it's o.k. to act like of a member of our household.

Also, my dogs are very accepting (not so with everyone).

I'd be lying if I said I was not a bit nervous about what challenges today will bring (standing poses, arm balances, and - later - backbends). The fact that my practice and my awareness will expand keep me moving forward.

And, I will have fun, I will laugh, I will enjoy the company of good yogi friends.

More later (if I can still type),

No comments: