Friday, July 10, 2009

READING, READING, READING

Never in my life have I done so much reading as since I began this path as an Anusara-Inspired™ yoga instructor. I read the Anusara® reading list books, I read other yoga books I find of interest, I read an occasional novel, I read articles from magazines and the internet, and - of course - I read my favorite blogs.

Today's were great - both Christina and Sundari have so much to share and give. And, as you read them, you see what very different people they must be. Both disciplined and devoted to their yoga, but differently. It becomes clear in their writing, just as it becomes clear when you are in their presence.

Good for me to see that we don't have to be "cookie cutter" yoga instructors in order to teach Anusara® yoga. We each have our own voice; for some of us it just takes a while to come forward. Like a flower opening, we begin as a bud using words and techniques we've learned from our own teachers (and, some of us sound like little parrots). But, gradually - as we teach longer, learn more - the outer casing of that bud releases and we begin to open into our own voice; our own style of teaching.

Wow -- as I wrote the above paragraph, I am wondering where all that came from. Maybe from all my reading, or just maybe it's some of my own voice pushing out; striving to make itself heard.

Fun stuff - love this blog and what it's done for my awareness!

Enjoy your weekend,

No comments: