Monday, July 20, 2009

SO MANY WORDS

could be used to describe the final day of Christina Sell's workshop at The Yoga Center. As I write, I hope one comes forward as the primary descriptive word -- it was that good.

Unlike other workshops I've hosted, yesterday (Sunday morning) we saw more students arrive for the final session. Some to complete the entire weekend (4 sessions), others to do their 2nd or 3rd session, and a few brave souls to encounter Christina for the first time.

I say 'brave souls' because after a weekend's teaching, we become used to the language, acquainted with the preparatory work for the final session, and just more relaxed with the environment. To arrive for your first experience on the final session, is brave (or, maybe, just unfamiliar with the mechanics of a weekend workshop).

These 'brave souls' (and the rest of us) got to see Christina give it her all. And, take us to new heights as we peaked the mountain on our journey. She called it 'creative flow'. I would call it 'flow with a smart dose of alignment'. We moved, but we moved with such intelligence that even things I might have thought out of my realm of possibility, I found myself doing and enjoying!

The entire weekend was a journey into Anusara Yoga. From getting acquainted on Friday night, to beginning (and continuing) our trek on Saturday, to finding the mountaintop on Sunday -- with a clear path to return to home base at the end of the session. So much good information transmitted and received.

And - always - it was fun.

On their mountaintop ...




Ah, the sweet smile of yoga (Michiko)


GLOWING -- after a weekend of work well-done. (pic: Leslie, Christina, Jen)

Maybe the word is 'fun'. That sounds pretty un-yoga-like, but it just keeps coming back to me over & over & over -- it was fun.

Thank you, Christina, from all of us.

Have a great week!

No comments: