Thursday, September 24, 2009

27 YEARS

Today is my 27th wedding anniversary. It hardly seems so long, until I say or write "27 years". Wow, that is a LONG time with one person!

Of those 27 years, 11 have been done practicing yoga. All with his support and blessing. He got me started ("why don't you try yoga?") on this path and I will be forever grateful for that. And, he doesn't practice -- yet. He talks about it, has tried it with me, but hasn't quite gotten the bug yet. As I learned when I started - we can suggest, but it is ultimately up to the person to start and stick with it.

Yesterday went as planned -- some teaching, lots of errand running. Today - yoga with Wayne, Pilates with Cindy, and then YogaHour. This one-hour class is fun (I think I've said this before). Not a lot of pressure and a great group, albeit small.

Tonight is the last of my 3-class series called "BASICS". Attendees have all practiced yoga before, so we have been able to really focus on bringing more Anusara® into their practice. I saw such change last week; excited to see what tonight brings.

Then, Thursday night classes will become an experiment -- hopefully, a different specific topic each week, taught by one of the faculty (but, not the same teacher each week). I think hearing different voices is wonderful and enriching to my practice; not so for many students. They have their favorite and they stick to it. So, this is an experiment -- both in whether the instructors will participate and whether the students will come.

Enjoy your Thursday, got to get on with my day ---

No comments: