Friday, September 25, 2009

7 YEARS

It is the season for anniversaries.

Not only wedding, but also studio -- 7 years ago, October 15, I purchased The Yoga Center. The studio is the oldest in the Salt Lake Valley (20 years in all). I am the third owner, I believe.

Anyway, got to plan some sort of celebration in October to acknowledge the event. Put the thinking cap on.

We will start a regular "open practice" in October (10/24, 2-4 p.m.) -- the first for our studio. Jen, a fellow Anusara-Inspired Instructor, will lead this first practice. I am sure it will be fun (I've attended another practice led by her -- and it was fun). We want all to participate, so don't worry about what you can or can't do; just bring your good intentions and your 'yoga thinking cap' - the one that smartly tells you what is appropriate for you and what isn't.

Lots going on this month and next -- studio planning, Dept. of Workforce issues, anniversary, empty instructor slots to fill, and I'm waiting for some feedback on the video (Sundari returned from Montana yesterday, and she's under a time commitment for moving -- so, who knows when it might get looked at; I'll just be patient). Thinking about all this makes my head spin a bit. Probably time to walk the dogs and let the spinning stop for a bit.

Teaching Gentle Yoga this morning, then cleaning the studio (?), then washing blankets at the Laundromat. There are 36 blankets, in all. I've tried doing it at home -- takes about 10 washing machine & drying cycles to do it all. That is not what I want to do -- so, off to the industrial size machines. What fun! But - recently - each time I pull a blanket out, I find long hairs (they're not mine). It's time, and approached with the appropriate attitude, it can be somewhat meditative. (I am really looking for the good here!)

Hope you have a good Friday,

No comments: