Wednesday, September 30, 2009

AN AUSPICIOUS OFFERING

Well, the long weekend was 'salve for the soul' for me. Glorious weather, beautiful views, wonderful coffee (see last post), and spending time with a great friend -- all things I can get in SLC, but being in Idaho and having them all happen in one day made it seem like a real "vacation".

As I drove out of my driveway in Idaho yesterday morning, to begin the drive home, I paused to look at our owl. This owl has been swooping over the roof at dusk each recent evening and spending the night in one of our aspens. I just discovered this, as I was leaving yesterday. Had seen the 'swooping', hadn't seen evidence of the overnight stays. Tried to take a pic with my phone, couldn't get it to work, almost gave up.

That is, UNTIL I took a closer look and noticed TWO OWLS sitting in the same tree watching me. Wow -- worth getting the 'real' camera out and saving this moment.

Two Owls in this photo -- just look for the 'blobs'.




This guy (or gal) was really giving me the "owl eyes".

My drive home was uneventful, except for the guy that drifted into my lane on a two-lane highway crossing the Snake River - a bit of an adrenaline rush. Fortunately he found his way back to his own side of the road before disaster could strike. Thank you, owls (or whoever).

Back in SLC, took a brief rest, then went to Pilates, then to the studio to teach my 4 pm YogaHour class. What fun -- 7 students! That's something of a record for this time slot at this studio. It was fun, I was a bit on fire after the long drive, and I think my teaching reflected it. For a watery-type person, I can still build a bit of a fire when needed.

While with Sundari over the weekend, I did get a review on my video between packing and running errands (she's moving - just from one house to another, same town). Let's just say I'm not sending my application in yet, but I feel so much better about my teaching after that review! And, she was kind enough to do it while under the gun to move. Thank you, friend.

Have a great day. It's raining here. Supposed to be cold, but it's still a bit warmer that we expected.

No comments: