Tuesday, September 8, 2009

BACK IN THE SADDLE

Back in SLC after a good weekend with Grandsons (and son & daughter-in-law). We were invited for the weekend to help with childcare. For 28 hours, we were in charge. Wow! I did this once before for my older grandsons (for 10 days, in fact). At that time they were young (4 & 1), but that was 5 years ago and I had forgotten the work involved!!!

Despite the work, it was fun; and a great opportunity for us to bond with these children.

So, we flew home early this morning. I checked in with Cindy for a Pilates session, then taught my YogaHour class at 4 pm. Fun. And, really fun to have some new people (at least new to that class).

For whatever reason, I am attracting school teachers into my classes. Some are retired, the two who joined the class today are still teaching. So, watch my English and worry that the anatomy facts I'm spouting are correct. May have dodged a bullet or two today - plus, she gave me an additional good reason for standing with feet parallel.

I am starting a short series this week -- taking 3 Thursday evenings, and teaching a series called 'BASICS'. Good for students new to yoga and, since I will focus on Anusara®, the classes will be enlightening for students who want to learn more about this practice. This will be my first try at something like this. Will keep you posted!

Looking forward to attending a workshop this coming weekend -- John Friend in Park City at The Shop Yoga Studio. If anyone reading this is interested, I think there's still space. Go to http://www.anusara.com/ for info.

Later,

No comments: