Sunday, October 18, 2009

PARTY DAY

Today we celebrate an anniversary of ownership of The Yoga Center by Leslie for 6 (7?) years.  Open House from 6:30-8:30 p.m.  Light snacks, friends to meet and visit with, all accompanied by Classical Guitarist, Michael Lucarelli (who also teaches yoga at The Yoga Center).  Join us, if you can. 

Yesterday, I taught a class using the word, commitment, as the theme.  Using words is a fun way for me to teach -- and there are so many of them.  Now the challenge -- find the feeling and then apply it through words to the practice.  I did it, kind of -  this part of teaching Anusara Yoga (adding in language to bring about desired results and feelings) requires lots of practice.  I'm still struggling with tying a word like commitment to the Anusara Philosophy of intrinsic goodness and, then, stating it to students -- but, I found a section of the Master Immersion book that may clarify this a bit for me. 

So, as prepared as I was yesterday, I had 3 students come in late.  Not all at the same time; one, 3 minutes late; one, 4 minutes; one 5+ minutes.  I don't get upset by that, but it did affect my theme talk a bit -- as in, I forgot parts (important parts).  Need to not let those late arrivals throw me off track like that.

The best part of yesterday's class:  being called "yoga mom" by a young man who started his practice with me.  I'm his "yoga mom" -- as he explained it, his first exposure to yoga could have gone either way - good or bad.  He's giving me credit for a good start.  And, he is thriving in the practice -- even as he travels around the country, he is searching out yoga.  The best part -- he has learned to be a bit discriminate, exploring different styles, yet coming back to me and Anusara (like a good 'son' should). 

Got to get going.  Have a great Sunday,

No comments: