Wednesday, October 28, 2009

NOW APPEARING ON FACEBOOK

Last week, before leaving for Driggs & Jackson, I poked around Facebook and discovered how to link this blog to Faceook.   The result?  Each day that I post to the blog, Facebook will pick it up and a few (or many) hours later it will appear for all my friends to read.

Facebook is still a relative mystery to me.  I rarely offer comments, unless someone is doing something really remarkable (like Kara - an outstanding horsewoman & good friend - who will be volunteering her time and skills to a group of special needs children with the aid of horses).  To see my face each day, sending my thoughts to the world (o.k. - not the world, just my 81 friends), is causing me pause. 

As in, do I really want EVERYONE reading my thoughts.  This may come from my own insecurity, my own resistance to promoting myself.  Not sure.  Maybe I just need to get used to it. 

So, I'm thinking of a list of pros and cons to this process.  Here goes: 

   PROS
  1. More exposure
  2. More readers
  3. Moving out of comfort zone (always a big push for me)
   CONS
  1. More exposure - Do I really want it?
  2. More readers - A good thing, but do I really want it?
  3. Moving out of comfort zone - Letting the world (o.k. - 81 people) really SEE part of me.
So, after writing this, I've decided to give it some time and see if I do get used to it. 

After the training last week, I am getting e-mails and pics from many of the attendees.  It is valuable to participate in trainings periodically; and, as valuable, to meet new people and hear their thoughts and questions.  So, I am loving the communication.  The pictures are fun too.  Here's our group:



For more, check out Sundari's blog in a few days -- click on 'Sundari' under Blogs/Websites I Love

We've had snow (as has Jackson & Montana).  Whew!  Were we lucky with the weather last week,  especially when you consider I and my 3 guests were driving over the pass from Driggs to Jackson and back each day.  Another auspicious element to this training -- the weather was clear, sunny and almost warm!

Take care & enjoy your Wednesday,

No comments: