Tuesday, November 10, 2009

POST 200 (AND 19 DAYS)

 I wrote an entire blog entry and just erased it.  Upon re-reading, it sounded a bit pathetic and had symptoms of 'poor me' strongly thrown into each paragraph. 

So, I'll spare you that and the details. 

I realized over the weekend that this coming birthday is bringing forth lots of emotional response from me.  No other birthday has affected me quite this way.  Each one - 30, 40, 50 - I've received and enjoyed, as in 'no big deal'.  As I approach this milestone, it is important for me to remember that I am healthier and more consistantly happy than at any of the others.  At age 30, I was working through the issues of divorce (yuk!).  At age 40, I was moving a lot, working a lot, raising a teenager and juggling the emotional ups and downs of a blended family.  At age 50, I was fatter, less disciplined, coming out of a depressed period.  The good part of 50?  I was starting down a path that would lead me to a happier, healthier future. 

So -- if you (and I) reflect on these other milestones, 60 will be a VERY GOOD (as in SUPER) year. 

Got to get on with this day.  I started writing this blog an hour ago -- of course, it was a double entry - thankfully, the first is history.

Enjoy Tuesday,

No comments: