Tuesday, November 17, 2009

TERRIFIC 12 (Twelve) !

Definition of Terrific:  frightful, extraordinary, MAGNIFICENT.  (As in, I look forward to a MAGNIFICENT 12 days until you-know-when.)

O.K. -- all this seems a bit silly as I sit here thinking about it, but I am going to find an appropriate adjective for the 'count-up' days until my birthday.  And, I will try to use an adjective beginning with the same first letter as the corresponding day.  Games, Games, Games. 

I think, tho, it may not be such a silly idea.  It will get me involved with my dictionary more -- which I have been loving.  It's a great resource that I have never used much until this past month.  Just think of all the words I will encounter as I browse my dictionary sources during the next 12 days!  Amazing!

The thing about teaching Anusara-Inspired™ yoga is that you need a TON of words.  Like, how many ways can you say 'bring' or 'take'?  Ways that will not only get the students to do what I want, but will also INSPIRE them to carry out those instructions with gusto and passion!  (I'm getting more full of 'gusto' just writing this!) 

At the same time as I need a TON of words, I also need to remember not to 'over-instruct' (as in, use too many words).  So, choose the right words, give them meaning, allow them to enter my teaching as though they always lived there (practice, practice, practice), and apply the appropriate intonation to those words so that the desired result is achieved.  BIG task for just the RIGHT words. 

So, this blog has been about words -- what does that have to do with yoga or being Anusara-Inspired™?    I hope you can 'glean' the answer from what I've written. 

Here's to a Transformative Tuesday (let the games begin),

No comments: