Thursday, December 10, 2009

BLOGGING ON A MAC !!!

So, here I am, early morning, working my way through my 'laptop routine', as I call it.  It's a slower process this morning, not because this Mac is slow but because the operator is climbing the learning curve.  It sure is a fun hike, however; lots of beautiful scenery to be seen along the way!

What have I done so far?  Checked out Facebook, modified my e-mail addresses a bit, written an e-mail, read a few favorite blog entries, and now I'm here.

My first e-mail was to a new instructor to The Yoga Center, Don.  Don will sub a class for me next week - Gentle Yoga; so, he attended the class yesterday.  My Gentle Yoga class is more than just a class to me.  I was reminded, as I wrote the e-mail that they are my friends, as well as my students, and I was so pleased that Don took the time to come observe and participate in the class.  I know he will teach it differently, but he now has an idea of who attends and what we work on.  I certainly appreciate his attending, because I want my friends to enjoy their subs and I want to feel o.k. having a sub once in a while.

Then I went to Facebook to check on what people are doing, then to the 30-day Tigress Challenge.  I am so excited to be able to view videos now (every time I clicked on a Facebook video, I received a message "you need to update . . .".  Well, that sounds simple enough, but on the old computer updating meant risking locking up.  So, I had just given up on that front.)  Today, tho, was a different story.  Videos viewed -- she makes it look SO easy.  The press-up walk looks interesting -- will give that a try today.

Today - Wayne's class, then home to do whatever needs doing, then 4 pm YogaHour and 5:45 pm YogaSpecific.  The cold weather is keeping people home, I notice -- as I ran errands yesterday evening, there were NO crowds to deal with. Wonder how that will affect yoga classes (remember, the room is warm).

So, evaluation of the Mac -- good experience, and looking forward to the challenge.

Stay warm (according to my Mac, it's 8 degrees out there right now),

No comments: